Tuesday 20 March 2012

I want to do performance art!

These are some of the photos of people that responded to me with my body mannequin. I initially wore it around town, but felt that I wasn't achieving as much as I had hoped. Well, I was definitely getting a great amount of strange looks, as anticipated! So I decided to interact with people and talk about the issue I was attempting to visualise. It was interesting hearing people's reactions, and realising that there are so many factors that contribute to people's opinion of my theme. I took photos of some women with the mannequin, and presented them with a mirror in the studio - hopefully visualising that even though we may feel alone, everyone has this ideal female beauty to compete with. Holding the tiny waist of the body, these women behind the mannequin are representing all females exposed to this illusion of a 'perfect' body. The images show just how unrealistic the image that we are told conform to really is. We are not all one size. We can't all fit the mould.

Some of my photographs


I am very interested in performance art now. I am delighted with my recent burst of confidence (recent being over the last 2/3 years) and wish to explore ideas of how I can capture some kind of performance art.

No comments:

Post a Comment